Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Harlequin - One False Move (1982)

Continuing with another contribution from Harlequin, here's their third and most successful album, "One False Move". Spawning several hits in their native country, the album saw the band fully embracing the AOR sound (with a subtle hint of new wave) of the day and to great effect. I personally consider this the band's finest release and many fans agree. This is a fine slab of arena rock goodness. Need proof? Look no further...this vinyl rip should get you started :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very fine album. High quality AOR all the way through. It's a little early to pinpoint any favorites, cause they're all good. I thoroghly like what I hear.
Thanks !

Anonymous said...

Tremendous album!

I especially like 'Heart Gone Cold' and 'Superstitious Feeling'.

As Higginz says, "High quality all the way through!"

Anonymous said...

Question: What is the correct release date for this one? The Blog title says 1982, but the tracks are tagged 1985.

JKR said...

Yep, that's my error....I had originally tagged it 1985, but it should be 1982. My bad!

Anonymous said...

Any chance you have their 1984 self-titled release that can be posted? I have a rip from my vinyl but it sounds like crap!

Thanks!

R

Anonymous said...

this is a great album..I saw Streetheart and Harlequin play together in a small hock arena about 1980 or so. I just discovered their new album "Waking the jester" which is incredible as well. I have the CD of this so no download this time..but had to comment

Richard Bunky Bell said...

Thanks for these Harlequins.
This band rocked and still does.
Bunky

Scott said...

Hey, thanks a lot for this excellent site! Would you happen to have Harlequin's "Love Crimes", the album which preceded "One False Move"? If so, could you please post it? That would really be great.

uberbelly said...

thanks for these J.!

uberbelly said...

Thanks for these!