Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Thundermug - Who's Running My World? (1994)

As promised, here is Thundermug's official "comeback" album from 1994. Sounding much more like ZZ Top than the heavy glam sound they pioneered two decades earlier, "Who's Running My World?" may be a shock to the system for ardent Thundermug fans. Though it's clearly inferior to any of the band's classic output and even their final release in 1997, the album is mostly well written bluesy hard rock with plenty of razor sharp wit in the mix. Though the band's musical fireworks are more restrained here, the album is, at worst, a decent entry in the band's canon. For more background on the band, please refer to my earlier posts here,

Please pardon the low bitrate here, as this is the best I have but it does come straight from the out of print CD...enjoy!

5 comments:

micksguitar said...

great lp. by a great band. thanx for posting this. i never heard it but their older stuff was great. thanx mick.

Residentevil2 said...

THANK YOU so much : )

Anonymous said...

In the London (Canada)Music Archives you can dl the next Thundermug album (1997)
http://chrwradio.com/lma/1997/Thundermug%20-%20Bang%20The%20Love%20Drum/thundermug4.htm
An interesting site with some good bands' full albums for dl.

Anonymous said...

obviously, I forgot that 1997 Thundermug's album (Bang the love drum) had already been posted here before :)

Anonymous said...

Decided I needed to give a look around the net again for some Thundermug (like I've done whenever the urge "strikes". Luckily I found your blog linked from another blog, and this is simply amazing that you have these rips up. I live near London Ontario, where a few years ago I caught what they said would be the last show they will ever play as a band. This is a real treat. These cds have given me nothing but trouble to find (and pay for). thanks a lot.