Monday, August 27, 2007

Rist Rocket - Rist Rocket (1978)

Rist Rocket hail from southern California, but otherwise have a completely fuzzy backstory. The band issued its self-titled debut in 1978 on Sun West Records. Despite the cheesy artwork, Rist Rocket have been praised by obscurity hounds for many years and in some ways it is justified.

"Rist Rocket" is a decent AOR effort with great harmonies, solid performances and clear production. Though the quality of the material is uneven at times, the band does manage to evoke Boston on some of the better tracks here. Though the vocals and production are missing the flash and fire that is often associated with AOR music, the songwriting is more than enough to state the band's musical viewpoint clearly. Take a chance on this rare recording, courtesy of 'daz'. You just might dig it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have milk n cookies from 1975 there slef titled debut.

Anonymous said...

I'm really liking this album! There's even a nice taste of Southern rock to it.

Fuzzbox said...

What a sweet album!!!

Yeah, thanks a lot for it...

Thomas said...

any chance that you are going to put this album out again?

Anonymous said...

oh please, can you reupload this?

KurtmanJP said...

Hi, could you please reupload this album or at least send me the two songs "Hold On Me" and "Rain Keeps On Falling"? Those are my favorite songs from the album and I can't find it anywhere. I got my iPod after my hard drive crashed and I really want those songs on it.

My email is: kurtjpenner@gmail.com. I'd really appreciate if you could at least send me those two songs.