Friday, August 3, 2007

Bandit - Bandit (1977)

This is the debut album from Australia's Bandit, whose 2nd and final album was posted here a short while ago. This one is most definitely edgier, though that term is relative in comparison to much of the music I've posted here before. Nonetheless, "Bandit" is not quite as soft and bland as its successor and therefore has a little more character. Overall, the material is pretty standard MOR 70's rock that occasionally veers into boogie oriented hard rock. I'll let you be the judge of which is superior, so check it out and make the call. Special thanks to 'Orchman' for the contribution!

11 comments:

micksguitar said...

thanx for the great old rock. i may still have this one somewhere,but why take a chance. thanx mick.

Anonymous said...

TANX FOR ALL YOUR WORK

Anonymous said...

This Bandit were from the UK, not Australia. Not only did this have Cliff Williams, but also Scottish singer Jim Diamond, Roger Waters drummer Graham Broad, and Kate Bush's husband Dan McIntosh. If I knew this was here sooner, I wouldn't have searched for and bought the LP, but then again, we are collectors. I would like to hear the B-side of "Ohio".

Anonymous said...

James Litherland was also in Colosseum and Mogul Thrash with John Wetton. Small world, isn't it?
Bandit could be considered a supergroup, but the better-known careers came after, so technically, they're not.
3/12/07 was my post. The Name/URL option wasn't there yet.

John Sposato said...

I had to download this because my digital copy sounds distorted.

John Sposato said...

Here's a cover of one of the tracks at this
link.

John Sposato said...

I ordered the "Ohio" 45. When it comes, I will convert it to mp3 and send you a link. It has a rare B-side.

John Sposato said...

Here is "Ohio" b/w "All I Can Do is Get Over It".

Download

The record was cracked when I opened it, but it played OK.

Scooter Livingston said...

You'll have to re-post. The megaupload link is shut down.

John Sposato said...

http://sdrv.ms/1m0XlkE
Added bonus tracks.

John Sposato said...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6D566B082D3A84D3%21301